Application/Computer System Analyst, ACSA IV
DSoft Technology, Engineering & Analysis is looking for an analyst to be responsible for formulating/defining system scope and objectives based on user needs and facilitate software design and development in an Agile environment.
- LOCATION: Colorado Springs, CO
- REQUIREMENTS: Active TS or TS/SCI clearance required
JOB TYPE: Full Time
MUST HAVE DEGREE OF: Master of Science in Computer Science or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university, MCP certification (or equivalent). One year of relevant education may be substituted for one year of required experience.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE: Minimum 20 yrs industry experience related to responsibilities. One year of relevant experience may be substituted for each year of required education.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Apply process improvement and reengineering methodologies and principles to conduct process modernization of projects.
- Must be knowledgeable in implementing computer systems in a phase/agile approach of requirements analysis and conceptual design, system design review, installation, integration and testing. Perform configuration management, software integration, interpreting test results and recommending solutions.
- Must be knowledgeable in software life-cycle support, maintenance, administration.
- Present system designs for user approval at formal reviews.
- Have a command of the total life-cycle software development process.
- Analyze and develop computer software possessing a wide range of capabilities, including numerous engineering, business, modeling and simulation, decision support tool and record management duties.
- Responsible for the development of systems and applications from project inception to conclusion.
- Analyze the problem and the information to be processed.
- Define problems and develops the system requirements and program specifications from software design documents.
- Closely coordinate with programmers to ensure proper implementation of program and system specifications.
- Assist in the development of system alternative solutions with functional users.
- Knowledge of current storage, retrieval methods. Knowledge of integration of data from a variety of data sources.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate specifications for computer programmers to use in coding, testing, debugging.
- Responsible for providing technical and administrative direction for personnel performing software development tasks, including review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards, and for progress in accordance with schedules.
- Coordinate with Project and/or Program Manager to ensure problem solution and user satisfaction.
- Makes recommendations for approval of major system installations.
- Prepare milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on system concept to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
- Facilitate project teams in the accomplishment of project activities, objectives.
- Key coordinator among multiple projects teams to ensure enterprise wide integration.
- Provide supervision, mentoring of junior staff.
- Facilitate software development in an agile environment to accomplish tasks
- Should be experienced in MATLAB, Python, and Java, NIPR, SIPR, and NMIS.