Azure Infrastructure Engineer
DSoft Technology is seeking an Azure Infrastructure Engineer to build infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions for commercial and DoD clients.
JOB TYPE: Full Time (immediate)
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience and knowledge
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related discipline which demonstrates education in formal technology engineering. Three years of experience can serve as a substitute if the correct skills were acquired.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE: Minimum three years of industry experience in software development
- 3+ years’ experience as an Azure cloud engineer
- Experience working in environments with various Azure based PaaS & SaaS services (Azure AD, Azure SQL, BLOB storage, Redis cache, Azure Web Services, etc.)
- Experience managing Microsoft Azure environments (VM’s, NSG’s, Resource Groups)
- Windows and preferably Linux administration
- Knowledge in cloud security guidelines such as Security Operation Center (SOC) guidelines, Payment Card Industry (PCI), National Institute of Technology (NIST)
- High level of competence in building Azure Resource Management (ARM) templates/PowerShell scripts to created Infrastructure as Code
- Specific knowledge around common security guidelines like NIST 803-53, Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) pertaining to application security
- Experience using modern systems like Terraform for code management, Azure DevOps or Jira for requirements management
- Understanding and practical application of methodologies like ITIL, Agile, Scrum, and DevOps
This role is for a technical professional who assists with the architecture, solution design, implementation, and/or support of applications which are designed, deployed, and operating in Azure cloud. The Azure Infrastructure engineer serves as a consultant and trusted advisor to members of the Azure engineering team. This person provides technical direction and leadership in the development of application software and offerings, operations & automation. Decisions can significantly impact corporate financial performance, schedules and customer satisfaction.
- Familiar with resource groups, security architecture, and cost management techniques
- Comfort working with Infrastructure as a Service components such as virtual machine instances, storage provisioning, and autoscaling
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code deployment templates and Azure blueprints
- Experience with automated asset tagging and tools such as App Dynamics User Experience Management monitoring/reporting