Operations Research Analyst
Support and assist the Headquarters Air Force Space Command with analysis of space systems, architectures, operations, CONOPS, CONEMPs and TTPs using operational research techniques.
- Formulate and apply mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making, policy formulation, or other managerial functions.
- Collect and analyze data and develop decision support software, service, or products.
- Develop and supply optimal time, cost, or logistics networks for program evaluation, review, or implementation.
- Develop decision support tools using operations research techniques and processes
- Responsible for applying appropriate operations research modeling techniques to problems that model input, output and logical flow in sufficient detail for programming to support space and cyberspace analysis
- Experience with monitoring the mathematical and programming aspects of project for adherence to objectives of the model.
- Experience with developing models that can utilize simulation. Incumbent must be capable of applying operations research methodology to define and formulate military systems and operational analysis.
- Posses knowledge of principles, theories, procedures and techniques to include statistical concepts, linear regression, optimization, game theory, graph theory, design of experiments, heuristic problem solving, monte carlo methods, stochastical processes, reliability theory, multiple criteria decision making, normative theory of decisions, applied integer, linear and non-linear programming, quantitative analysis, data analytics.
- Experience with developing and using a variety of tools to support the analysis (Excel, R, OR-Tool for Python, SAS, etc) as well as experience with software languages to include (Python, Visual Basic Applications, etc.).
- Minimum5 yrs industry experience.
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Knowledge of AFSPC space operations and systems preferred
- DoD TS orTS/SCI
You can apply online here.