Data/Configuration Management Specialist (TENCAP 1)
Are you hungry for meaningful work, in a “high-octane” work environment that taps your potential and has a long-term career path? Are you smart in both technology and working with others to generate results that "wow" clients? We need several dynamic and accomplished team players to join us for groundbreaking work. We are looking for the best and the brightest career-minded business and IT professionals!
DSoft Technology is seeking a highly motivated independent data/configuration management specialist to support a major space force program. The individual will work with a multi-contractor team environment in a fast past environment to solve critical mission problems and provide innovative solutions to advance the space mission.
DSoft Technology is a leading provider of IT services, system engineering services and custom software and website development. We are a Colorado Springs-based “Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business” (SDVOSB) and has a veteran hiring preference for disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans.
We offer competitive salaries with top-notch benefits, flex time, a family atmosphere, P4P Bonus opportunities, and emphasize individual personal growth and character. We seek Team players that collaborate and support each other, with high morals standards. We also offer teammates abundant opportunities to give something back to their communities through self-chosen projects and firm-sponsored volunteer activities.
Job Type: Full Time; Colorado Springs (Tentative start date early January 2021)
SALARY RANGE: $69,000 to $82,000; Commensurate with experience and knowledge, opportunity for Paid For Performance Bonus
- Supports configuration management planning.
- Describes provisions for configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits.
- Identifies and maintains the original configuration of requirements documentation, design documentation, software, and related documentation.
- Responsible for configuration change control.
- Supports the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software.
- Responsible for configuration status accounting.
- Tracks all problems and changes in product documents and software and reports changes and current configuration.
- Responsible for configuration audits.
- Supports audits to verify that requirements of all baselines have been met.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedure related to configuration management.
- Possesses extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and independently performs a wide variety of complicated tasks.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist.
- Supports one or more Configuration Control Boards (CCBs)
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- Report status to an executive or director.
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to gather information multiple sources into a single source document. Experience with technical writing a plus.
- Familiarity with modern software architectures, patterns, languages, processes a plus.