Java Software Engineer (Temporary)
DSoft Technology is seeking a Software Engineer to support several short-term projects at the FAA Research Development Human Factors Laboratory (RDHFL) near Atlantic City, NJ.
This opportunity includes working with the RDHFL engineers on:
- Big data analysis of air traffic control operational data
- Interfacing with external data web services and internal air traffic-centric Scala libraries
- Parsing raw data logs, defining storage schema, persisting to Hadoop Distributed File System
- Transforming data and combining datasets using Apache Spark SQL
- Analyzing and generating custom data visualizations and web-based dashboards for aggregated statistics
- Assisting in the creation of a Flask-based web application to process and display research data.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of project experience using Java, Python 3, Flask, Apache Spark, SQL, Hadoop, and Scala
- 1+ years of project experience using the Linux platform
- At a minimum, BS in Computer Science or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication
What will set you apart from the competition:
- 1+ years of project experience using Numpy / Scipy, Pandas, SQLAlchemy, and Matplotlib
- Experience in machine learning and natural language processing
Job Type: Hourly 1099 or W-2 not to exceed one year.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB REFER A FRIEND