Junior to Mid-level Software Engineer (MOSSAIC)
DSoft Technology is seeking a cleared Systems/Software Engineer/Developer with Space and Ground Sensor Domain Expertise
JOB TYPE: Full Time
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with years of experience.
EDUCATION: Requires proficient knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management. Bachelor’s Degree in Computing Science or equivalent and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
Candidate will be responsible for research, design, and development of computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development. Primarily responsible for the design and development of software products for a variety software applications. Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test of software products. Applies computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for the target application. Works closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system. Develops software test procedures, software programs, and related documentation. Contributes to determining, estimating, and validating the cost and scope of software efforts to ensure software performed meets program cost, schedule, and technical constraints. The following describes the required skills and knowledge:
SW Engineer to be responsible the development of software code, devising or modifying procedures to solve complex problems considering requirements, computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results using computer programs and systems.
Facilitate software development in an agile environment to accomplish tasks, and should be experienced in website design, Java, Angular, Angular JS, Spring, Spring boot and will work at a range of classification levels, to include NIPR, SIPR, and JWICS, working problems from concept inception through development results analysis.
- Gathers requirements, designs detailed programs, information/flow charts and diagrams showing mathematical computations and sequence of machine operations.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of programs and systems by developing sample representative data and perform testing using developed test plans.
- Familiar with and implement a number of different programming languages and IDEs.
- Enhances software to reduce operating times or improve efficiency/functionality.
- Document designs, develop tests plans and end product documentation (User Guides, Programmer’s Guides, etc.).
- Knowledge of DoD Space Surveillance Network and particular knowledge of the radar, optical sensors and C2 systems supporting SSN.
- Certifications: Security
- Comfortable performing software development in both a Windows and Linux environment
- Experience with Java Standard Edition (SE) 8, Spring and Oracle VM VirtualBox
- Experience with Python, Fortran and/or Fortran desired.
- Experience with Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE) – with WindowBuilder and SonarLint
- Familiarity with GitBucket, GitLab and TortoiseSVN
- Familiar with Agile processes and the use of Jira to report progress on user stories and tasks
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering process and languages: UML, SysML; experience with MagicDraw a plus;
- Experience with IBM Rational DOORS 9.6 a plus.
- Experience with shell scripting, TeraTerm, terminal emulators, RDP, Putty, MobaXTerm
APPLY FOR THIS JOB REFER A FRIEND