Lead Senior Engineer /Product Owner (NG 5)
Are you hungry for meaningful work, in a “high-octane” work environment that taps your potential and has a long-term career path? Are you smart in both technology and working with others to generate results that "wow" clients? We need several dynamic and accomplished team players to join us for groundbreaking work. We are looking for the best and the brightest career-minded business and IT professionals!
DSoft Technology is seeking a Lead Engineer/Product Owner to act as the voice of the customer(s) on the assigned Agile scrum software development team. The Lead Engineer will be responsible for project leadership and oversight of an agile software team reporting to the customer and DSoft Technology.
DSoft Technology is a leading provider of IT services, systems engineering services and custom software and website development. We are a Colorado Springs-based “Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business” (SDVOSB) and has a veteran hiring preference for disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans.
We offer competitive salaries with top-notch benefits, flex time, a family atmosphere, Paid For Performance (P4P) Bonus opportunities, and emphasize individual personal growth and character. We seek Team players that collaborate and support each other, with high morals standards. We also offer teammates abundant opportunities to give something back to their communities through self-chosen projects and firm-sponsored volunteer activities.
JOB TYPE: Full Time (Tentative Start January 2021)
SALARY RANGE: $145,000 to $170,000; Commensurate with experience and knowledge, opportunity for Paid for Performance Bonus
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a technical field recognized as a technical or industry authority in that same field, to include five (5) years’ experience within the DoD community or previous Agile experience. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, mathematics, Physics, or similar degree is required. An additional five (4) years of additional technical or industry experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Collaborates with the customer Product Owner to define the work so that the integrated team can review, commit, and execute within a defined period.
- Prioritizes key areas of work during a program increment, ensures that the software development team understands the intent and requirements of feature and user story definitions, and that the team is aligned on all acceptance criteria.
- Represents customer interests and continuously dictates team backlog priorities.
- Provides project leadership and oversight of an agile software team, including conducting requirements analysis, project costing, deliverable tracking, schedule and financial data monitoring and reporting.
- Experience with systems engineering principles; experience with UML/SysML and Model Based Systems Engineering principles a plus.
- Knowledge of the DoD Digital Engineering strategy for acquisition.
- Possesses strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Documents designs and process/information flow through the application.
- Documents designs and develop end product documentation (e.g., User Guides, Programmer’s Guides, etc.).
- Reviews all deliverables prior to submission to the customer.
- Prepares documentation and attends all customer design review and planning meetings as requested.
- Constantly looks for improvement in solving technical problems.
- Assists with unit and integration tests; experience with Fortify and SonarQube a plus.
- Assists with the CI/CD pipeline; familiarity with Jenkins a plus.
- Identifies and communicates impediments to the team’s progress and actively works to solve them.
- Fosters an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement.
- Reports status and progress to the DSoft DoD Sector Lead; assists in the preparation of the Monthly Status Report.
- Experience with systems engineering principles, Model Based Systems Engineering experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Agile, C/C++, JAVA/JS expertise and real-time processing including: processes threads, scheduling, synchronization mechanisms and memory management required.
- Experience in the use of Atlassian tools.
- Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug, and maintenance required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with JIRA/Confluence.
- Experience with safety critical and nuclear critical software development (DO-178C, AFMAN 91-119, DO-330, etc.).
- Familiarity with a structured, process-driven software development environment including peer reviews of all work products, using a revision control system, defect tracking and build release practices required.
- Experience with development drivers and middleware (RTOS, Linux and/or VxWorks) and anti-tampering (cryptographic, secure comms, logging, SW deployment) is preferred.
- Experience with Git products.
- Experience with applied automated testing techniques including unit and integration testing.
- Experience with test framework/application and system verification.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB REFER A FRIEND