Mid-Level Full-Stack Software Engineer/Developer (MSCC TO 7)
Are you hungry for meaningful work, in a “high-octane” work environment that taps your potential and has a long-term career path? Are you smart in both technology and working with others to generate results that "wow" clients? We need several dynamic and accomplished team players to join us for groundbreaking work. We are looking for the best and the brightest career-minded business and IT professionals!
JOB TYPE: Full Time
SALARY RANGE: $97,000 to $115,000; the estimate range represents the typical salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge and demonstrated success in the field and other factors. Opportunity for "Pay For Performance" Bonuses.
MUST HAVE DEGREE OF: Bachelor or Masters of Science in Computer Science or related engineering discipline from an accredited college or university. One year of relevant education may be substituted for one year of required experience.
- Knowledge and application of container, orchestration, and container platform technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Open-shift.
- Knowledge and application of continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) technologies such as GitLab, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Cucumber, Junit, pytest, Nexus, Fortify, SonarQube, Twistlock, and Grafana.
- Knowledge and application of database and data storage technologies such as Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Hadoop, Cloudera, Prometheus, PostgreSQL, and/or MySQL.
- Experienced with source control and code repository tools.
- Experience developing within Windows and/or Linux environments.
- Experience with software architecture development leveraging open standards, microservices, and model based engineering tools to articulate the software design. Understanding of SOA and REST APIs.
- Strong communication skills and team collaboration required.
- Experience with Space Weather Processing and Protocols desired
- Experience with DoD RMF processes and practices desired.
- Experience with Lean/Agile development methodologies and full Software Development Life Cycle
- Development of the application database
- Development of the application back-end server
- Development of the application front-end user interface taking into account modern user interface techniques. Support the Discovery and Framing process for the user interface and follow-on end user interviews to gather user requirements. Perform a user-centered approach in the application design development.
- Advise on product decisions through user research, customer development and iterative feedback loops
- Assist in the design of the application architecture
- Assist in the testing of the application
- Assist in the deployment of the application
- Implementation of application following the 12 Factor App methodology
- Support the delivery of the application from development environments to staging and production environments
- Perform technical assessment of the legacy application. Refactor legacy applications into a 12 factor application SW architecture.
- Document designs and process/information flow through the application.
- Document designs and develop end product documentation (e.g., User Guides, Programmer’s Guides, etc.).
- Following the Agile software development methodology
- Constantly looks for improvement in solving technical problems
- Write and create unit and integration tests
- Identify and communicate impediments to your team and actively work to solve them
- Support the delivery of the application from the classified development environment to a staging and production environment on SIPRNet and JWICS.