Mid-Level Software Engineer (SWE) (MSSC TO 6)
Are you hungry for meaningful work, in a “high-octane” environment that taps your potential and has a long-term career path? Are you smart in both technology and working with others to generate results that "wow" clients? We need several dynamic and accomplished team players to join us for groundbreaking work. We are looking for the best and the brightest career-minded business and IT professionals!
DSoft Technology is seeking a software engineer with an entrepreneurial mindset to develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, manipulation of extremely large data sets, and real-time processing).
This position will initially focus on the development of a user interface for an advanced analysis tool. It requires working with experts in User Experience, simulations, distributed databases, and closely with the customer. Additionally, the engineer will have to option to support CI/CD operations, Data Science opportunities, complex system analysis, and other areas determined by the customer. The goal is to provide multiple options to solve some of the most challenging situations the country faces today.
JOB TYPE: Full Time (immediate
SALARY RANGE: $110,000 to $130,000; the estimate range represents the typical salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge and demonstrated success in the field and other factors. Opportunity for "Pay For Performance" Bonuses.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a Software Engineer (SWE) in programs of moderate to large-scale complexity and scope
- Demonstrated ability to support teammates
- Use of software development and software design methodologies
- Proven ability to interact with customers in an Agile environment using tools such as JIRA/Confluence, Git products, and the DI2E framework
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment using AWS services, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Puppet/SIMP, any deployment orchestration technology
- Experience with multiple programming languages and tools
- OS: RHEL, CentOS, Linux
- Messaging: RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and System Engineering processes and artifacts
- Independent work to accomplish tasks when needed
- Participation and management of product reviews and software tests
- Successful documentation of solutions, processes, and product deliverables (e.g., User Guides, Programmer’s Guides, etc.)
- Full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug, and maintenance
- Automated testing techniques, including unit and integration testing
- Experience with database development using PostgreSQL, Accumulo/HBase, Google Big Table
- Ability to identify and communicate impediments to the team’s progress and to resolve issues
- Understand the role of process in a DevSecOps environment
- Six-Sigma/Lean Manufacturing/ITIL training