Mid-Level Software Engineer (SWE) (NG 2)
Are you hungry for meaningful work, in a “high-octane” work environment that taps your potential and has a long-term career path? Are you smart in both technology and working with others to generate results that "wow" clients? We need several dynamic and accomplished team players to join us for groundbreaking work. We are looking for the best and the brightest career-minded business and IT professionals!
DSoft Technology is seeking a mid-level software engineer to develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
DSoft Technology is a leading provider of IT services, systems engineering services and custom software and website development. We are a Colorado Springs-based “Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business” (SDVOSB) and has a veteran hiring preference for disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans.
We offer competitive salaries with top-notch benefits, flex time, a family atmosphere, Paid For Performance (P4P) Bonus opportunities, and emphasize individual personal growth and character. We seek Team players that collaborate and support each other, with high morals standards. We also offer teammates abundant opportunities to give something back to their communities through self-chosen projects and firm-sponsored volunteer activities.
JOB TYPE: Full Time (Tentative Start January 2021)
SALARY RANGE: $106,000 to $125,000; Commensurate with experience and knowledge, opportunity for Paid for Performance Bonus
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Minimum ten (10) years’ experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Works part of a team in an Agile environment but can work independently to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software tradeoffs, software reuse, and use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Possesses strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Documents designs and process/information flow through the application.
- Documents designs and develop end product documentation (e.g., User Guides, Programmer’s Guides, etc.).
- Constantly looks for improvement in solving technical problems.
- Writes and creates unit and integration tests; experience with Fortify and SonarQube a plus.
- Assists with the CI/CD pipeline; familiarity with Jenkins a plus.
- Identifies and communicates impediments to the team’s progress and actively works to solve them.
- Proficiency in Agile, C/C++, JAVA/JS expertise and real-time processing including: processes threads, scheduling, synchronization mechanisms and memory management required.
- Experience in the use of Atlassian tools.
- Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug, and maintenance required.
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence.
- Experience with safety critical and nuclear critical software development (DO-178C, AFMAN 91-119, DO-330, etc.).
- Familiarity with a structured, process-driven software development environment including peer reviews of all work products, using a revision control system, defect tracking and build release practices required.
- Experience with development drivers and middleware (RTOS, Linux and/or VxWorks) and anti-tampering (cryptographic, secure comms, logging, SW deployment) is preferred.
- Experience with Git products.
- Experience with applied automated testing techniques including unit and integration testing.
- Experience with test framework/application and system verification.