Military Utility Analyst, MUA IV
DSoft Technology, Engineering & Analysis is looking for an analyst to formulate and apply mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret information or model systems that assists management with decision making, policy formulation, or other managerial functions.
- LOCATION: Colorado Springs, CO
- REQUIREMENTS: Active TS or TS/SCI clearance required
JOB TYPE: Full Time
MUST HAVE DEGREE OF: Master or PhD in Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research. OR related technical discipline from an accredited college or university. One year of relevant education may be substituted for one year of required experience.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE: Minimum 17 yrs experience in industry and/or military operations research, modeling, simulation and analysis in a space, cyberspace and/or defense environment. One year of relevant experience may be substituted for each year of required education.
- Collect and analyze data and develop decision support software, service, or products.
- Develop and supply optimal time, cost, or logistics networks for program evaluation, review, or implementation.
- Perform studies, research and analysis of US and foreign military systems, strategies, CONOPS, Combatant Command Operations Plans.
- Perform military requirements analysis, threat system analysis, system survivability analysis, mission performance/effectiveness analysis, force level effectiveness analysis, military utility, and operations analysis.
- Perform mission concept development, mission threads development, system architecture development, and model-based system engineering.
- Familiar with and systematically research a variety of engagement, mission and/or campaign models and simulations in a variety of domains (air, sea, land, space, cyberspace). Develop new and adapt existing models, methods, and simulations to support the design, development, and assessment of advanced system design concepts, military utility and technologies.
- Responsible for DoD Verification, Validation and Accreditation of models and simulations.
- Demonstrate expertise in one or more models and simulations.
- Responsible for leading MUA and Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) led Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) efforts.
- Perform relevant research and possess ability to operate independently.
- Support complex projects, playing a critical role as a team member on projects with specific technical/scientific expertise.
- Consistently produce high quality analysis.
- Develop and apply creative and innovative analytic solutions to complex problems with assistance/support from engineering staff.
- Summarize and synthesize larger pieces of work into effective executive summaries/executive briefings.
- Effectively present work to less technical senior and larger audiences.
- Interact regularly and independently with Government sponsors and related parties.
- Influence decisions to provide sponsors with implementable recommendations.
- Effectively communicate with and engage colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Writing technical reports and orally presenting project findings.