Modeling & Simulation Space Control Engineer (MSCC)
DSoft Technology is seeking a candidate to support the development, analysis and prototyping of simulations to support enterprise and mission level space control analysis. The candidate will use modeling and simulation tools such as RAPTR to create models of communication systems that support Radio Frequency (RF) and space control system analysis. The candidate should be able to develop modeling and simulation results and provide recommendations on potential improvements to current and future systems. The candidate will develop requirements for space control prototypes and creates design reference missions and concept of operations (CONOPS) for projects. The candidate should have experience in employing, developing and executing modeling, simulation and analysis (MSA) tools that support space control systems analysis. The candidate shall have experience in synthesizing results and providing recommendations on potential improvements to space control concepts and architectures. Those recommendations must include an understanding and appreciation of emerging technologies but also be based on an understanding of real operations experience to include the necessary command & control (C2) requirements. The candidate will supports mission partner prototypes and operational system acquisitions with analysis and subject matter expert (SME) reviews.
JOB TYPE: Full Time (immediate), SALARY RANGE: $110,000 - $140,000, commensurate with experience and knowledge.
JOB LOCATION: Aerospace Building, Colorado Springs, CO
MUST HAVE DEGREE OF: Master or PhD in Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university. One year of relevant education may be substituted for one year of required experience.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE: Minimum 10 years industry experience related to responsibilities. One year of relevant experience may be substituted for each year of required education.
- Understanding of astrodynamic algorithms and satellite control operations/systems, concepts and plans to include experience with tactical ground systems.
- Understanding of Offensive and Defensive Space Control concepts, operations and tactics.
- Modeling and simulation experience with DoD customers in SCI/SAP environment including exposure and work with space control scenarios; experience with finite state machine agent behaviors.
- Understanding of tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination (TCPED) process.
- Proven ability to solely execute and direct tasks including coordinating with multiple organizations/agencies and presenting SSDP leadership with viable options to integrate SSDP recommendations or products into the operational community.
- Background of applying analytical problem solving at the tactical, operational and strategic levels of war.
- Familiarity with NRO systems and operations.
- Experience in development of software applications/tools using modern software languages: Java, Python, C#, Matlab.
- Requires expertise in one or more specialty areas to data analytics, operational research techniques, mathematics, probability and statistics, computer programming, optimization, design of experiments, and/or mathematical physics.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.