Network & Computer Systems Administration, NCSE IV
DSoft Technology, Engineering & Analysis is seeking a network administrator to help design, enhance and implement computer and information networks, such as LAN, WAN, intranets, extranets, and other data communications networks.
- LOCATION: Colorado Springs, CO
- REQUIREMENTS: Active TS or TS/SCI clearance required
JOB TYPE: Full Time
MUST HAVE DEGREE OF: Bachelor or Masters of Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university, MCP (or equivalent) required. DoD 8570 certification, CISSP certification, CISM certification, CompTIA Security+ Certification required. One year of relevant education may be substituted for one year of required experience.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE: Minimum 18 yrs industry experience in engineering and technology managing computer networks in the DoD environment. One year of relevant experience may be substituted for each year of required education.
- SWAC and Network Architecture development to interface with AFSPC MS&A activities.
- Performs network modeling, analysis, and planning. May also design network and computer security measures.
- Responsible for researching and recommending network and data communications hardware and software.
- Installs, configures, and support LAN, WAN, and Internet systems or a segment of a network system.
- Monitors network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software.
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software and hardware related problems.
- Performs system backups and recovery.
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Ensures availability, integrity, efficiency, and reliability of servers, workstations, and data storage systems Monitors LAN, WAN and servers.
- Provides batch monitoring, backup and restoration as needed.
- Supports, installs, maintains and trouble shoots hardware and network devices and related software.
- Mentors network and computers system administrators.
- Provides on-call support to AVAC.