Senior Software Engineer/Developer
DSoft Technology, Engineering & Analysis is looking for a lead software developer engineer/developer with Agile/DevOps experience for the software development team on a dynamic Space Force effort.
JOB TYPE: Full Time,
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience and knowledge, opportunity for Paid For Performance Bonus
MUST HAVE DEGREE OF: Bachelor or Masters of Science in Computer Science or related engineering discipline from an accredited college or university, MCP certification (or equivalent) required. One year of relevant education may be substituted for one year of required experience.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE: Minimum 15 yrs industry experience related to responsibilities. One year of relevant experience may be substituted for each year of required education.
- Experience with Docker, AWS Cloud Products (Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda), Atlassian Products (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket), Gitlab, SonarQube, VS Code, mySQL, Java, Spring Boot, Maven, Gradle, Kubernetes, C#, C++, Python, RHEL 7, RHEL 8, Selenium, and Cucumber, IntelliJ
- Experience with SOA and REST APIs; microservice development experience a plus
- Development of the application database
- Development of the application back-end server
- Development of the application front-end user interface taking into account modern user interface techniques. Support the Discovery and Framing process for the user interface and follow-on end user interviews to gather user requirements. Perform a user-centered approach in the application design development
- Advise on product decisions through user research, customer development and iterative feedback loops
- Assist in the design of the application architecture
- Assist in the testing of the application
- Assist in the deployment of the application
- Implementation of application following the 12 Factor App methodology and microservices
- Support the delivery of the application from development environments to staging and production environments
- Perform technical assessment of the legacy application. Refactor legacy applications into a 12 factor application SW architecture.
- Document designs and process/information flow through the application.
- Document designs and develop end product documentation (e.g., User Guides, Programmer’s Guides, etc.).
- Following the Agile software development methodology
- Constantly looks for improvement in solving technical problems
- Write and create unit and integration tests
- Assist with the CI/CD pipeline; integrating SonarCube and Fortify
- Identify and communicate impediments to your team and actively work to solve them
- Support the delivery of the application from the classified development environment to a staging and production environment on SIPR.
- Provide supervision and mentoring of junior staff.