Senior Systems Engineer (SE) (NC 8)
Are you hungry for meaningful work, in a “high-octane” work environment that taps your potential and has a long-term career path? Are you smart in both technology and working with others to generate results that "wow" clients? We need several dynamic and accomplished team players to join us for groundbreaking work. We are looking for the best and the brightest career-minded business and IT professionals!
DSoft Technology is seeking a senior system engineer to analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. The engineer will provide inputs to the team to formulate design and development activities.
DSoft Technology is a leading provider of IT services, systems engineering services and custom software and website development. We are a Colorado Springs-based “Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business” (SDVOSB) and has a veteran hiring preference for disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans.
We offer competitive salaries with top-notch benefits, flex time, a family atmosphere, Paid for Performance (P4P) Bonus opportunities, and emphasize individual personal growth and character. We seek Team players that collaborate and support each other, with high morals standards. We also offer teammates abundant opportunities to give something back to their communities through self-chosen projects and firm-sponsored volunteer activities.
JOB TYPE: Full Time (Tentative Start January 2021)
SALARY RANGE: $136,000 to $160,000; Commensurate with experience and knowledge, opportunity for Paid for Performance Bonus
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Minimum fifteen (15) years’ experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree is Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Works part of a team in an Agile environment but can work independently to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Experience with systems engineering principles; experience with UML/SysML and Model Based Systems Engineering principles a plus.
- Knowledge of the DoD Digital Engineering strategy for acquisition
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
- Develops technical documentation.
- Develops system Architecture and system design documentation.
- Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of systems engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
- Interacts with the Product Owner regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
- Possesses strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Documents designs and process/information flow through the application.
- Documents designs and develop end product documentation (e.g., Test Plans and Reports.).
- Constantly looks for improvement in solving technical problems.
- Assists with the CI/CD pipeline; familiarity with Jenkins a plus.
- Identifies and communicates impediments to the team’s progress and actively works to solve them.
- Proficiency in Agile, C/C++, JAVA/JS expertise and real-time processing including: processes threads, scheduling, synchronization mechanisms and memory management required.
- Experience in the use of Atlassian tools.
- Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug, and maintenance required.
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence.
- Experience with safety critical and nuclear critical software development (DO-178C, AFMAN 91-119, DO-330, etc.).
- Familiarity with a structured, process-driven software development environment including peer reviews of all work products, using a revision control system, defect tracking and build release practices required.
- Experience with development drivers and middleware (RTOS, Linux and/or VxWorks) and anti-tampering (cryptographic, secure comms, logging, SW deployment) is preferred.
- Experience with Git products.
- Experience with applied automated testing techniques including unit and integration testing.
- Experience with test framework/application and system verification.