Senior Test Engineer (TE) (NG 6)
Are you hungry for meaningful work, in a “high-octane” work environment that taps your potential and has a long-term career path? Are you smart in both technology and working with others to generate results that "wow" clients? We need several dynamic and accomplished team players to join us for groundbreaking work. We are looking for the best and the brightest career-minded business and IT professionals!
DSoft Technology is seeking a senior test engineer to analyze system requirements and concept of operations documents, acquisition plans, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results.
DSoft Technology is a leading provider of IT services, systems engineering services and custom software and website development. We are a Colorado Springs-based “Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business” (SDVOSB) and has a veteran hiring preference for disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans.
We offer competitive salaries with top-notch benefits, flex time, a family atmosphere, Paid for Performance (P4P) Bonus opportunities, and emphasize individual personal growth and character. We seek Team players that collaborate and support each other, with high morals standards. We also offer teammates abundant opportunities to give something back to their communities through self-chosen projects and firm-sponsored volunteer activities.
JOB TYPE: Full Time (Tentative Start January 2021)
SALARY RANGE: $124,000 to $145,000; Commensurate with experience and knowledge, opportunity for Paid for Performance Bonus
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Minimum fifteen (15) years’ experience as a TE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional TE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
DoD T&E Level II Certification or equivalent training and experience a plus.
- Works part of a team in an Agile environment but can work independently to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Supports the development of Government test and evaluation documentation (e.g., Test & Evaluation (T&E) Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, Event Test Plans, Test Readiness Assessments, and T&E Reports.).
- Provides specialized T&E capabilities tailored to system functions, level, maturity, and performance area as assigned in the SOW.
- Possesses automated test development experience writing unit and integration tests; experience with Fortify and SonarQube a plus.
- Participates in all phases of risk management, unit testing, V&V, security testing, functional testing, system testing and regression testing.
- Assists with defining test strategies and resources.
- Researches and implements the use of test tools and agile testing methodologies.
- Monitors the progression and advises on the continuation of unit, integration, system, security, functional, regression and user acceptance tests.
- Possesses strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Documents designs and process/information flow through the application.
- Documents designs and develop end product documentation (e.g., Test Plans and Reports.).
- Constantly looks for improvement in solving technical problems.
- Assists with the CI/CD pipeline; familiarity with Jenkins a plus.
- Identifies and communicates impediments to the team’s progress and actively works to solve them.
- Proficiency in Agile, C/C++, JAVA/JS expertise and real-time processing including: processes threads, scheduling, synchronization mechanisms and memory management required.
- Experience in the use of Atlassian tools.
- Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug, and maintenance required.
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence.
- Experience with safety critical and nuclear critical software development (DO-178C, AFMAN 91-119, DO-330, etc.).
- Familiarity with a structured, process-driven software development environment including peer reviews of all work products, using a revision control system, defect tracking and build release practices required.
- Experience with development drivers and middleware (RTOS, Linux and/or VxWorks) and anti-tampering (cryptographic, secure comms, logging, SW deployment) is preferred.
- Experience with Git products.
- Experience with applied automated testing techniques including unit and integration testing.
- Experience with test framework/application and system verification.