Software Engineer Manager/Task Order Lead (MSSC – TO 7)
JOB TYPE: Full Time (immediate opening)
SALARY RANGE: $110000 to $130000; the estimate range represents the typical salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge and demonstrated success in the field and other factors. Opportunity for "Pay For Performance" Bonuses.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE: Minimum 7-10 years of industry experience in full-stack development, team management, and technical leadership. Minimum of 3 years experience leading an Agile software development team. Experience in solving software and IT problems, creating and reviewing system requirements, coaching technical engineers and collaborating with customers and program stakeholders.
Possess superior oral and written communication skills in order to effectively and efficiently convey issues and ideas to team members, management, and program stakeholders. Strong analytical and exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with DoD systems, networks, and security
- Experience with Lean/Agile development methodologies and full Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with architecting and designing software systems on Cloud Platforms
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment strategies
- Knowledge and application of container, orchestration, and container platform technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Open-shift.
- Knowledge and application of continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) technologies such as GitLab, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Cucumber, Junit, pytest, Nexus, Fortify, SonarQube, Twistlock, and Grafana.
- Knowledge and application of database and data storage technologies such as Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Hadoop, Cloudera, Prometheus, PostgreSQL, and/or MySQL.
- Experienced with source control and code repository tools.
- Experience developing within Windows and/or Linux environments.
- Experience with software architecture development leveraging open standards, microservices, and model based engineering tools to articulate the software design. Understanding of SOA and REST APIs.
- Strong communication skills and team collaboration required.
- Experience with Space Weather Processing and Protocols desired
- Experience with DoD RMF processes and practices desired.
- Provide direct and ongoing leadership for a medium sized software development team using lean and agile development principles
- Provide personnel management for developers setting and monitoring of annual performance reviews, coaching and career development;
- Communicate project status and discuss issues with program and business stakeholders
- Build and improve existing team culture
- Participate in system requirements elicitation, analysis and review; plan work per Agile and SCRUM best practices and processes based on priorities
- Follow software engineering best practices and processes
- Collaborate and clearly communicate with contractors, customers, stakeholders, and engineers across the program and functional work groups on system feature and issues
- Lead the design, development, testing and deployment of the application database, back-end server code and front end user interfacing taking into account modern user interface techniques.
- Support the Discovery and Framing process for the user interface and follow-on end user interviews to gather user requirements. Perform a user-centered approach in the application design development.
- Advise on product decisions through user research, customer development and iterative feedback loops
- Implementation of application following the 12 Factor App methodology
- Support the delivery of the application from development environments to staging and production environments using DevSecOps and CI/CD best practices to include the integration of unit and integration tests.
- Perform technical assessment of the legacy application. Refactor legacy applications into a 12 factor application SW architecture.
- Document designs, process/information flow through the application, User Guides, Programmer’s Guides
- Support the delivery of the application from the classified development environment to a staging and production environment on SIPRNet and JWICS.