Space Control Domain Expert with Software Development Experience, SME Mid Level (MSCC)
DSoft Technology is seeking a Space Control Domain Subject Matter Expert with Software Development Experience for an aerospace project.
JOB TYPE: Full Time (immediate), SALARY RANGE: $145,000 - $175,000, commensurate with experience and knowledge.
MUST HAVE DEGREE OF: Master or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Engineering Physics or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university. One year of relevant education may be substituted for one year of required experience.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE: Minimum 10 – 20 years industry experience related to responsibilities. One year of relevant experience may be substituted for each year of required education.
Plans and documents study of work problems and procedures (e.g., organizational change, communications, information flow, decision making processes, control processes, operational effectiveness, systems, and/or cost analyses).
Gathers and organizes information on problem or procedures including present operating procedures.
Participates on studies and analysis teams.
Requires expertise in one or more specialty areas to include modeling and simulation, data analytics, operational research, mathematics, probability and statistics, computer programming, optimization, astrodynamic algorithms, design of experiments, mathematical physics, military systems, and/or military operations.
Develops applications using operational research techniques, mathematics, physics, astrodynamic algorithms.
Specific required requirements in order of importance
- Strong knowledge and experience with JAVA, kotlin, other JVM derivants, and expression languages
- Familiar with agent-based simulation, decision trees, graph theory, and finite state machines
- Has experience with integrated co-simulations composed of multiple execution methods, inclusive of integrated discrete-time, discrete-event, and continuous constructs.
- Strong physics background
- Understanding of astrodynamic algorithms and satellite operations
- Proficient with Matlab/Simulink
- Specific "nice to have" requirements in order of importance:
- Understanding of Offensive and Defensive Space Control concepts, operations and tactics
- Familiar with ontologies, knowledge representation and semantics, and domain specific languages for machine reasoning, learning, and execution
- Proficient with Python
- Expertise in UML/SysML with experience using MagicDraw
- Familiar with fUML and executable architecture constructs
- Application of Model-Base Systems Engineering (MBSE) to system model design and simulation
- Knowledge of the DoD Digital Engineering strategy for acquisition