Space Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Technical Lead (MSCC)
DSoft Technology is seeking a Space Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Technical Lead for an aerospace project. This position requires expertise in offensive and defensive space control, modeling, simulation and analysis and Model Based System Engineering (MBSE).
JOB TYPE: Full Time (Immediately), SALARY RANGE: $120,000 - $145,000, commensurate with experience.
JOB LOCATION: Aerospace Building, Colorado Springs, CO
MUST HAVE DEGREE OF: Master or PhD in Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Military Operations, or Operations Research or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university. One year of relevant education may be substituted for one year of required experience.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE: Minimum 15 - 20 yrs experience in industry and/or military operations research, modeling, simulation and analysis in a space, cyberspace and/or defense environment and/or space operations. One year of relevant experience may be substituted for each year of required education.
- Responsible for leading the operational planning, establishment, execution, and evaluation of a multifaceted project typically consisting of a set of closely related subprograms or associated activities.
- Responsible for operational, administrative, and human resources management of the program; seeks and develops outside funding sources, serves as principal point of representation and liaison with government customer and external constituencies on operational matters, and provides day-to-day technical/professional guidance and leadership as appropriate to the area of expertise.
- Manages and mitigates program risk.
- Contribute to the technical performance of the project by performing studies, research and analysis of US and foreign military systems, strategies, CONOPS, and Combatant Command Operations Plans.
- Perform military requirements analysis, threat system analysis, system survivability analysis, mission performance and effectiveness analysis, force level effectiveness analysis, military utility, and operations analysis.
- Perform mission concept development, mission threads development, system architecture development, and model-based system engineering.
- Familiar with and systematically research a variety of engagement, mission and/or campaign models and simulations in a variety of domains (air, sea, land, space, cyberspace).
- Develop new and adapt existing models, methods, and simulations to support the design, development, and assessment of advanced system design concepts, military utility, space operations and tactics and technologies.
- Develop and apply creative and innovative analytic solutions to complex problems with assistance and support from engineering staff.
- Summarize and synthesize larger pieces of work into effective executive summaries and executive briefings.
- Effectively present work to less technical senior and larger audiences. Interact regularly and independently with Government sponsors and related parties.
- Influence decisions to provide sponsors with implementable recommendations. Effectively communicate with and engage colleagues at all levels of the organization.
Candidate will support complex projects, playing a critical role as a team member on projects with specific technical and scientific expertise. Candidate must demonstrate they are a well-organized, detail-oriented individual with ability to advise and assist in portfolio management across customer organizations and across the multi-faceted government task order.
The candidate should have:
- Experience with project management (tracking critical paths, creating schedules and work plans, coordinating tasks among stakeholders, providing status reports) and implementing processes to get projects completed in a high-quality manner
- Ability to perform research and summarize research into coherent summaries and recommendations
- Experience tracking a high volume of tasks
- Experience analyzing documentation for proper format and completeness, recommending revisions to a variety of documents, providing recommended revisions to briefings, point papers, summaries, and other documents, and consolidating multiple inputs into one consolidated summary in a variety of formats
- Experience working in military environment
- Works independently without need for frequent supervision
- Understanding of AFSPC/NRO space operations, systems, concepts, operations and tactics
- Understanding of how space is used by the terrestrial warfighter
- Knowledge of modeling, simulation and analysis tools, techniques and processes and how Model-Base Systems Engineering (MBSE) applies to system model design and simulation
- Performing projects and completing tasks as assigned by Program Manager.