Systems/Software Architect with Space Control Domain Experience (MSCC)
DSoft Technology is seeking a Systems/Software Architect with Space Control Experience for an aerospace project.
JOB TYPE: Full Time (immediate), SALARY RANGE: $135,000 - $170,000, commensurate with experience and knowledge.
MUST HAVE DEGREE OF: Master or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Engineering Physics or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university. One year of relevant education may be substituted for one year of required experience.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE: Minimum 10 – 20 yrs industry experience related to responsibilities. One year of relevant experience may be substituted for each year of required education.
Our team is looking for an experienced system/software architect to help guide the teams’ System Modeling Language (SysML)/ Unified Modeling Language (UML)/Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) development process. The architect will be required to both see the big picture and ensure that low level implementations align with the greater design. The big picture perspective will require the individual, to have the ability, to schedule a long-term implementation plans across the entire team while still accounting for changing requirements. The architect must also be comfortable soliciting requirements from users and customers. There will be times where the architect is required to help the team by teaching (through both presentations and through individual interactions), by performing both design reviews and peer reviews (with a focus on architecture), by documenting standards and best practices, and by hands on creation of SysML/UML models.
Any applicant will be required to have a strong understanding of MBSE, DoD space systems, and software development. The software architect will need to be comfortable developing not only the design for code that does not exist but also for new models and code bases. They will also need to be comfortable at developing realistic, measurable, and well documented plans for how to reach the final design.
The architect will need to be able to communicate abstract technical design decisions to both engineers and non-engineers within SSDP through one-on-one encounters, presentations, design documentation, standards documentation, best practices documentation, and Application Programming Interface (API) documentation. The individual will need to have a good understanding of Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams, System Modeling Language (SysML) diagrams, and MBSE concepts. The architect will need to be able to write design documentation that can reflect the implications from all perspectives including: the logical view, the development view, the process view, and the physical view. They will need to balance working off technical debt (including architectural decay) with continued delivery of software features and bug fixes.
Plans and documents study of work problems and procedures (e.g., organizational change, communications, information flow, decision making processes, control processes, operational effectiveness, systems, and/or cost analyses).
Gathers and organizes information on problem or procedures including present operating procedures.
Participates on studies and analysis teams.
Requires expertise in one or more specialty areas to include modeling and simulation, data analytics, operational research, mathematics, probability and statistics, computer programming, optimization, astrodynamic algorithms, design of experiments, mathematical physics, military systems, and/or military operations.
Develops applications using operational research techniques, mathematics, physics, astrodynamic algorithms.
Specific required requirements in order of importance
- Proficient with JAVA, kotlin, other JVM derivants, and expression languages
- Familiar with agent-based simulation, decision trees, graph theory, and finite state machines
- Has experience with integrated co-simulations composed of multiple execution methods, inclusive of integrated discrete-time, discrete-event, and continuous constructs.
- Familiar with ontologies, knowledge representation and semantics, and domain specific languages for machine reasoning, learning, and execution
- Expertise in UML/SysML with experience using MagicDraw
- Familiar with fUML and executable architecture constructs
- Proficient with Java, Python, C++
- Understanding of Automated Software Testing, Continuous Integration, Maven/Gradle, Confluence, Jira
- An applicant should also feel comfortable working in a Scrum and/or Kanban environment while working collocated with the users and customer
- Strong physics background
- Specific "nice to have" requirements in order of importance:
- Understanding of astrodynamic algorithms and satellite operations
- Understanding of Offensive and Defensive Space Control concepts, operations and tactics
- Proficient with Matlab/Simulink, Systems Toolkit (STK)
- Application of Model-Base Systems Engineering (MBSE) to system model design and simulation
- Knowledge of the DoD Digital Engineering strategy for acquisition
APPLY FOR THIS JOB REFER A FRIEND